INCOME GENERATION PROJECTS:
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
All natural, no additives or preservatives.
Small jar, 300 grams = 20 LE.
Medium jar, approx 500 grams = 40 LE;
Large jar, approx 800 gram - 70 LE.
Please refrigerate after opening.To order, call Hamdi: 0122-120-6567.
ORIGINAL ARTS AND CRAFTS
We offer a variety of handmade craft products: bags, aprons,
oven mitts, suitcases, and much more. See "Crafts" photo album for more examples: http://www.refugees4peace.org/crafts/
We also have several artists who paint beautiful scenes in acrylics. See "paintings" album for more examples: http://www.refugees4peace.org/paintings/
NEXT CLASS: Check back after the Eid el-Fitr.
INTRODUCTION TO CONFLICT RESOLUTION:
Join us to improve your communication skills in conflict and learn to be a community mediator. 40-hour course. Meets Fridays, 2-5 pm at the South Sudan Student Union, Hadayet al-Maadi. Taught in Arabic & English.
REGISTRATION CLOSED > > > > > first class was 1 April 2013.
Next course will begin in September 2013 --email us to register. It will be in English.
Donations are always needed to support our ongoing work: conflict resolution courses, nonviolence courses, and mediation services.
Coordinator Mohamed Matar: 011-281-5690 or Director Kathy, 0109-365-2365.
OR click here to make a donation:
We seek to establish a refugee mediation center for these goals:
(1) To make the community life safer and more peaceful, to stop the cycle of violence;
(2) To prevent problems of conflict by improving the communication practices in the refugee community and build positive community relationships;
(3) To provide community education in conflict transformation skills, nonviolence, and trauma healing; and
(4) To reduce rumors in the community.
OUR VALUES are:
· professionalism and competence
· neutrality, impartiality
· honest and open communication
· mediation process quality