STARTING 10 JUNE 2012:
COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT, a training for trainers. Email us for more information or to reserve a place in the course. How can you mobilize your community on solving its problems, advocacy, or creating positive change? This 6 week course will give you the tools you need as a community leader. Sundays and Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Call Matar or email us to register, 011-281-5690.
COURSE COMPLETED. CONTACT Matar if you attended and want a certificate.
Donations are always needed to support our ongoing work: conflict resolution courses, nonviolence courses, and mediation services.
Coordinator Mohamed Matar: 011-281-5690 or Director Kathy, 0109-365-2365.
OR click here to make a donation:
OUR NEW Basic Conflict Resolution & Mediation Skills COURSE in Arabic is scheduled for September. Email us to register or get more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek to establish a refugee mediation center for these goals:
(1) To make the community life safer and more peaceful, to stop the cycle of violence;
(2) To prevent problems of conflict by improving the communication practices in the refugee community and build positive community relationships;
(3) To provide community education in conflict transformation skills, nonviolence, and trauma healing; and
(4) To reduce rumors in the community.
OUR VALUES are:
· professionalism and competence
· neutrality, impartiality
· honest and open communication
· mediation process quality
INCOME GENERATION PROGRAM:
Original paintings and crafts products are available for purchase. Help support refugees in Egypt and our peacebuilding work. See our Photo Albums, "Paintings," and "Crafts" for the specific items available: